nanog mailing list archives

Re: Amazon?

From: "Brandon Galbraith" <brandon.galbraith () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:42:21 -0500

Intermittent application/load balancer issues perhaps?

-brandon

On 8/21/06, Steven M. Bellovin <smb () cs columbia edu> wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:21:40 -0400, "Jon R. Kibler" <Jon.Kibler () aset com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know what is up with Amazon? They appear to be down.
>
> Doesn't appear to be a network issue... tried from two different ISP's
networks.

That's odd.  When I try from one path, I get the same error you get; when
I try another, it works.  A tcptraceroute shows that both are ending up at
the same IP address at Amazon, too.

--
Brandon Galbraith
Email: brandon.galbraith () gmail com