nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bogon Filter - Please check for 77/8 78/8 79/8

From: "william(at)elan.net" <william () elan net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:02:37 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Allan Houston wrote:

Florian Lohoff wrote:
Hi *,
in august IANA handed 77/8 78/8 79/8 to RIPE which started handing out
those ranges 2 months ago.

We (Telefonica Deutschland AS6805) are seeing a lot of reachability problems
most likely caused by not updated bogon filters.

For testing purposes 77.181.114.4 aka bogon.mediaways.net
is up for icmp/http.

Please check and possibly update your filters.

Flo (aka flo () telefonica de)

This probably isn't helped much by sites like completewhois.com still showing these ranges as bogons..

http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/active_bogons.htm

They've ignored all my attempts to get them to update so far.. sigh..

Completewhois email server is down right now and needs to be rebuilt.
That's not to say that is a good excuse - I should have updated bogon list 3 months ago when allocation was made, but I missed it among
many emails on this list and other lists; its fixed as of right now,
so my apologies to those who received new allocations from 77/8
(apparently RIPE started allocating two weeks ago; a bit sooner
after IANA allocation then before, but I guess they are out of
available space on other blocks...). I also added daily emailing of active_bogons list to this and one other of my actively used email accounts which would make it easier to catch similar problems.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks