nanog mailing list archives

Re: Net Neutrality Legislative Proposal

From: Sabri Berisha <sabri () cluecentral net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:46:56 +0200

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 03:25:55PM -0400, Seth Johnson wrote:

Hi,

So far, much of the argument over "net neutrality" has been over
whether service providers should be allowed to favor one
application, destination or Internet service over another. This
is Net neutrality at the application layer. But the real issue is
the neutrality of the IP layer where routers treat alike bits
from every type of application.

So, what happened to "my network, my rules"?

Perhaps I'm not seeing the point here, but what on earth does a
government has to do with the question wether or not a service provider
implements QoS on his network?

Thanks,

--
Sabri