nanog mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Connexion {Was: Re: [routing-wg]BGP Update Report}

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:24:52 -0400

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:08:56 -0500, Netfortius <netfortius () gmail com>
wrote:

Just wondering this, myself. I travel fairly frequently between US and Europe,
and Lufthansa was recently my choice, exclusively because of this service.
Perhaps with the interdiction of computing devices on board (have not
travelled since the UK incident, so I am not sure if the new rules of flying
naked affect all flights?!?) there won't - obviously - be much of a need for
an Internet connection ...

The main issue, from what I read, is that too few airlines followed suit.
In particular, most American airlines were far too strapped financially to
invest in the necessary equipment.