nanog mailing list archives

Re: ONS - The few the proud ... the sleeping

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:10:47 +0000

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 03:02:07PM -0400, J. Oquendo wrote:
ChiloƩ Temuco wrote:
My opinion:

A tier 1 provider does not care what traffic it carries.  That is all a
function of the application not the network.

Providers should start caring about what they're carrying. Haven't seen
one message yet about the hording of "Storm Bot" and what someone is
doing to nip this at the bud. Who better than the big boys. After all
what happens when someone launches this botnet at say Mae-East/West or
some other backbone.

        sniff... mae-east.   fond memories...  now if ANYONE could
        launch anything from mae-east these days, I'd be really impressed.

SO something similiar to BGP is your inter-AS protocol for establishing
what is where...

I'm all for it. Let's get another working group to implement this right
after IPv6 in the year 3000. As for the rest of the email... Sorry got
too cumbersome. I was busy writing a response to the next NANOG thread.

        does this mean we have to implement Terrells tribit encoding?

--bill

--
J. Oquendo
"Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta"

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF684C42E
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net