nanog mailing list archives

Re: DreamHost Contact?

From: "Martin Hannigan" <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:23:36 -0500

On Dec 30, 2007 9:42 PM, Michael Greb <mgreb () linode com> wrote:

I've attempted to contact DreamHost NOC or Abuse departments via the
numbers in whois but just get voice mail and no call back.

I've got a user sending a lot of UDP traffic to 208.113.189.13 port 22.
 This traffic is very likely undesirable and I'd be willing to pull the
plug immediately if I can get confirmation from DreamHost.

Why not call your user and tell them that you see suspect traffic?
This is your revenue. I think it makes sense to be proactive, but be
proactive for yourself _and_ resolve the issue.

-M<