nanog mailing list archives

RE: large-scale wireless [was: cpu needed to NAT 45mbs]

From: "Frank Bulk" <frnkblk () iname com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:23:01 -0600

Elmar:

Marketing and theory -- I haven't had a chance to test it myself.

BTW, I'm not regurgitating Extricom's marketing rhetoric when I say you
don't need to worry about channel planning -- their product is designed with
that specifically in mind.  The technical benefits and caveats of this
single-channel architecture, and the possible concerns that a network
planner might have around the requirement to have L1 connectivity from
Extricom's APs to their switch, are better discussed in another forum.

Frank