nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 firewall support

From: Jeroen Massar <jeroen () unfix org>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:57:53 +0200

Simon Lockhart wrote:
On Fri Oct 26, 2007 at 10:04:58PM +0100, michael.dillon () bt com wrote:
Cisco ASA (formerly PIX) supports IPv6 in version 7.0 and up.

Have they actually made it useable yet? Last time I looked, if you had a
pair of PIX in failover mode, you couldn't use IPv6 - it put the same IP
on both firewalls at the same time, along with a message saying IPv6 wasn't
supported in standby mode.

I know a network where they use Cisco PIX's in failover mode, there was
indeed some issue with it at one point, but they now seem to work fine
since, I think, at least about 2 years already.

Greets,
 Jeroen