nanog mailing list archives

Re: speaking of slightly OT but perhaps still operational content

From: "Dorn Hetzel" <dhetzel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:54:59 -0400

Even with a COW, I'm not sure all the providers together have anywhere near
enough spectrum to service 75,000 geographically coincident calls :)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Deepak Jain <deepak () ai net> wrote:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought its fairly typical for large events such
as these (with lots of communications assets being deployed, not unlike a
Superbowl, etc) for Cell companies to roll in COWs (Cell-on-wheels) type
deployments to support additional capacity.

Am I living in a fantasy land?

Deepak

John Lee wrote:

Unless they have installed a DAS system for cell signal transport or a
number of micro or nano cells in the building they will have congestion. But
what is a political convention without a little congestion.

John (ISDN) Lee