nanog mailing list archives

Re: an over-the-top data center

From: Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:29:54 +0100

--On onsdag, onsdag 3 dec 2008 10.47.28 -0500 Jean-François Mezei
<jfmezei () vaxination ca> wrote:

pardon me for resurrecting this topic...

For sites that are built in caves, how do they deal with cabling ?

Like any datacenter. Raceways on top of racks or under the floor. _Proper_
datacentres in caves (like, those made to actually be safe against all
those DHS-funding movie plots) consist of a pretty standard CO building
built inside a cave. Of course, there are a number of extras like EMP, gas
and blast barriers, but they normally are outside the house.

Pionen (the site that trigered this offtopic thread) is a showoff, not
correctly expanded from the design originally made by those people who know
about blast waves and such.

In the pretty pictures of the swedish site, there didn't seem to be an
obvious raised floor.

There is a raised floor, iirc.

--
Måns Nilsson                    M A C H I N A

Did an Italian CRANE OPERATOR just experience uninhibited sensations in
a MALIBU HOT TUB?