nanog mailing list archives

Re: Potential Prefix Hijack

From: Frederico A C Neves <fneves () registro br>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:54:50 -0200

Hi Bill,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 07:00:47PM -0800, Bill Woodcock wrote:
      On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Mark Tinka wrote:
    > Anyone know how we can contact AS16735 and their upstream
    > AS27664. We think they are hijacking a number of our
    > prefixes (AS24218- and AS17992-originated).

Have you tried CERT-BR?  Uh...  I was about to say "they're usually very
responsive, and good at coordinating this sort of thing."  And then their
web site failed to load, because the prefix it's in is flapping.  Hm.

Fred, you still awake?

Not at the time of the event :-(

AFAIK the event was local to CTBC (AS16735) and their customers. This
is our case and as we host RRC15 at PTTMetro São Paulo, and feed it
with a full routing BGP feed it triggered the reports from bgpmon [1].

CTBC is still pending to explain the event,

                                -Bill

Fred

[1] http://bgpmon.net/blog/?p=80