nanog mailing list archives

Re: The DDOS problem & security BOF: Am i mistaken?

From: Dean Anderson <dean () av8 com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

Vixie, Conrad, Manning, Woodcock, Curran, Plzak, Ed Lewis, etc all
worked together at ARIN, and have had 22 ARIN employees attend NANOG,
including the ARIN executive secretary. ARIN is giving NANOG $50,000
checks, even though the Board members have undisclosed conflicts of
interest.  ARIN resource analysts have (and probably are now)
attending NANOG. The resource analysts are the guys who make
allocation decisions, so getting chummy with NANOG people is a
conflict of interest in the making. So far, I've discovered two cases
where ARIN has made allocations in 2 hours.

      Didn't you get banned temporarily from this list, then banned
for life + 5 years, your children and grandchildren also banned for
their lives + 5 years once before for all this?

I was never temporarilly banned. I was banned in 2000 so that I couldn't
gloat that the CFAA applied to ISPs. See
http://www.iadl.org/nanog/nanog-story.html

Looks like someone messed up. ;-)

                --Dean

--