nanog mailing list archives

Re: community real-time BGP hijack notification service

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:21:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Arnaud de Prelle wrote:
Hello Gadi,

Gadi Evron wrote:
Hi, WatchMy.Net is a new community service to alert you when your prefix
has been hijacked, in real-time.

Very good initiative. You can count on me as one of your users.

Note that apparently it doesn't seem to be working as expected yet.
Indeed I already received two false alerts:

<snip two issues>

Is this normal?

Avi is flying right now, when he lands he will reply directly. We will probably fix all glitches in a day or two.

We appreciate you using the service, and helping us get it right!

        Gadi.

Regards,
APN-RIPE.