nanog mailing list archives

Re: once again, network hardware vendors spamming...

From: Joe Greco <jgreco () ns sol net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:31:45 -0500 (CDT)

Now, I know you, but there are way too many people on this list to
know them all, or for them to all know you (or me, or anyone else).

This caused me to go "aha" and I counted up unique accesses to the URL
of the rack diagram I posted yesterday, and came up with 185.

Assuming that most people aren't using clients that automatically display
URL's in non-HTML e-mail, and that power strip configurations within a
rack is a topic of interest to a small subset of subscribers, it seems
apparent that there are probably thousands of people reading NANOG traffic
on at least a daily basis.

It is often easy to forget how many people you're sending to when you're
sending to a mailing list.

... JG