nanog mailing list archives

IPv6-capable hardware?

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 00:09:06 -0500

Anyone found a decent PE/DSLAM configuration for supporting IPv6 in a bridged architecture (No PPP)? So far, the best I've found is DSLAMs that don't have mandated "security" features and support q-in-q for mass tagging back to concentrators, but the only concentrator I've found to handle a variety of VLAN & ATM terminations with IPv6 support is Cisco, and it's still extremely limited.

Granted, my exposure is limited due to the current IPv4 layouts and existing hardware. Pointers would be appreciated.

Jack

Crooks, Sam wrote:
 - insist on IPv6-capable hardware/services/engineering staff when
getting new hardware/services/staff