nanog mailing list archives

Re: East Africa Fibre Connectivity- Heads up

From: Andy Davidson <andy () nosignal org>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:06:36 +0100

On 5 Aug 2009, at 11:13, Raymond Macharia wrote:

Hello all,in the last two weeks or so providers in East Africa, particularly
in Kenya where I am, have been moving from Satellite to Fibre for the
internet Back bone connectivity. From where I am I have seen an upsurge of
about 100Mbps in the last two days from my users.

Hi, Raymond --

We see similar changes to traffic in the internet exchange world when someone changes their connection from 1GE to 10GE. Before they turn up additional sessions, they often peer more traffic, which I attribute to sliding window doing its thing, and eventually user behaviour altering.

It's encouraging that your customers' internet performance experiences are improving - do share your upgrade stories with other providers in your region !

Best wishes,
Andy