nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ready to get your federal computer license?

From: Peter Beckman <beckman () angryox com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:20:24 -0400

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Jason Jenisch wrote:

Hiers, David wrote:
http://sip-trunking.tmcnet.com/topics/security/articles/63218-bill-give-president-emergency-power-internet-raises-concerns.htm
I must have missed something here... I cannot find in the article or the
bill where it states or alludes to a federal computer license
requirement for computer users.

 "The proposal also includes a federal certification program for "cyber
 security professionals," and a requirement that certain computer systems
 and networks in the private sector be managed by people who receive that
 license, CNET said."

beckman () angryox com                                 http://www.angryox.com/