nanog mailing list archives

RE: McAfee/AT&T Issue

From: "Scott Weeks" <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:10:40 -0800

From: "Calhoun, Matthew" <mcalhoun () iodatacenters com>

While I agree with all of your assessments, this traceroute was being provided to illustrate where traffic *appears* to
be stopping when we are seeing the issue. It's intermittent, so some times we can reach the destination hosts (via
HTTP, HTTPS, etc.) and sometimes we can't.

When we can reach the destination hosts (via HTTP), the traceroute completes
When we can't reach the destination hosts (via HTTP), the traceroute won't complete and the last hop is the host that I
indicated in my previous post (12.118.225.22)

It may be best to use tcptraceroute when it is and when it isn't working.  It may help you evaluate where the trouble
is occurring more efficiently.

scott