nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:20:28 +0900

Now that doesn't mean other operators can't put in a lightning talk
about the impact or 'event' this triggered in their own NOC environments
along with what they recommend operators do to reduce the spun cycles <G>

great idea!

as i was about to send to someone else with a thinner skin than you :)

path poisoning is used operationally, though we suspect somewhat ill-advisedly. but the proof of the latter will be in the pudding.

imiho, alarm systems that raise a real alert about my asn being in the as path of *someone else's prefix* are systems i would repair. at most, it's a "when you're bored, take a look at this strangeness."

of course, we're sorry we set off folk's broken alarm systems :-) [ sense of humor required, leo ]

and, fwiw, i liked the haiku!

randy