nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP on Mac OS X?

From: Jack Carrozzo <jack () crepinc com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:46:22 -0500

'long as you have your compiler working, Quagga reportedly builds and
runs out of the box: http://www.quagga.net/
No clue about OSX, but OpenBGPd works well on generic FreeBSD, you
could give it a try: http://www.openbgpd.org/

-Jack Carrozzo

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM,  <cayle.spandon () gmail com> wrote:
Does anyone known which open source BGP implementation I can get running on
Mac OS X Leopard with a minimum of fuss?

This is for experimentation only (not for a production environment) so I am
not too concerned about scaling and performance.

If any tweaking is needed to get it to compile / run on OS X, a pointer to a
website with instructions would be highly appreciated.

-- Cayle.