nanog mailing list archives

Re: Happy Sysadmin Day

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:58:40 -0400

On Jul 31, 2009, at 11:53 AM, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:
On Jul 31, 2009, at 10:35 AM, J. Oquendo wrote:
Andrew Euell wrote:
Happy Sysadmin Day nanog'ers. Thank you for keeping the internet running!
http://www.sysadminday.com/

Keeping the Internet running? You mean as in the flakiness of what is
happening with portions of Level3 right at this moment?

Yeah, anyone know what's going on with Level3? Whatever the heck it is, it's causing lots of weirdness for me.

I'm not on the MLC, but this strikes me as silly.

First, isn't outages@ that -> a -> way -> ??

Also, do people honestly think asking "why is L3 having issues" in an e-mail "Subject: Re: Happy Sysadmin Day" a good idea?

Perhaps you all need to realize that Ettore was an idiot - making good brakes is _hard_... er, sorry. :)

--
TTFN,
patrick