nanog mailing list archives

Re: REVERSE DNS Practices.

From: Martin Barry <marty () supine com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:44:57 +1100

$quoted_author = "Steven Champeon" ;

adsl.internode.on.net
gaw.internode.on.net
padsl.internode.on.net
adsl.adelaide.on.net
link.internode.on.net
as0.adl2.internode.on.net
lns1.adl2.internode.on.net

...and so on and so on.

You do realise that they were all infrastructure devices which would never
send email? LNS isn't a big enough giveaway?

Oh, there's also 'static.internode.on.net', so the safe bet is to
assume that ALL of the rest are dynamic. Correct bet? Who knows.

That's a safe assumption.

So ignore static.internode.on.net, their MXes and block everything else
*.on.net

cheers
marty

--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
        capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety

http://www.bash.org/?4753