nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP best practices

From: Lamar Owen <lowen () pari edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 17:44:23 -0400

On Thursday 21 May 2009 10:14:00 am Roland Dobbins wrote:
On May 21, 2009, at 8:45 PM, Steve Bertrand wrote:
Securing IP Network Traffic Planes:
- http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587053365

I can't recommend this book enough - it's the current canonical
reference on opsec-related BCPs for network infrastructure, IMHO (full
disclosure:  I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to provide
some feedback to the authors as they worked on this tome, but have no
financial interest whatsoever in its publication or sales thereof).

Ah, a good use for my Safari account.

Hmm, there's you a resource; for ~$20 per month, get access to books to read
online, download chapters in PDF format for later perusal.  I can read this,
and if it looks like something I want, I also get a discount ordering through
informit.  Safari: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/home

You do need to read a lot to make it worthwhile; advantage is that you don't
have to store or resell the book later.