nanog mailing list archives

Redundant Data Center Architectures

From: Stefan Fouant <sfouant () novadatacom com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:26:01 -0400

I'm wondering what are the growing trends in connecting Data Centers for redundancy in DR/COOP environments.  I imagine
VPLS has a big play here, but I'm willing to bet there are all sorts of weirdness that such environments can create,
such as the effect it may have on DR elections, etc.  Also, what are your experiences in replication of storage over
WAN links?  Are people tending towards iSCSI or do trends indicate that FCoE or FCoIP may become the preferred
mechanism?  Any experience with WAN acceleration in such environments?

Thanks in advance!

--
Stefan Fouant