nanog mailing list archives

Re: the alleged evils of NAT, was Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:16:20 +0800

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

Fortunately, the IPv6  address space is so large and sparse, that
scanning it would be quite a feat,  even if a random outside attacker
already knew   for a fact  that a certain /64  probably contains a
vulnerable host.
All I need to do is run a popular web site on the IPv6 Internet, and I
get all the addresses of connected hosts I want. That
address-space-scanning is hard is nearly irrelevant.

or troll popular IPv6 bittorent end points when that becomes popular.

Adrian