nanog mailing list archives

Re: legacy /8

From: joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:41:57 -0700

On 4/4/2010 5:10 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM, joel jaeggli<joelja () bogus com>  wrote:
Last time I checked, some of the state of the art 2004 era silicon I had laying around could forward v6 just fine in hardware.
It's not so usefyl due to it's fib being a bit undersized for 330k routes plus v6, but hey, six years is long time.
<cough>4948</cough>  (not 6yrs old, but... still forwards v6 in the
slow-path, weee!)

Yes it does. and the slow path is sloooooooooow on the that switch. but switches and routers did and do come in colors other than blue.

:/