nanog mailing list archives

Re: 100% want IPv6 - Was: New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:39:10 -0700

On Apr 1, 2010, at 8:13 AM, david raistrick wrote:

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

On 03/31/2010 08:52 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
We have just (anecdotally, empirically) established earlier in this
thread, that anything smaller than a mid-sized business, can't even
*GET* IPv6 easily (at least in the USA); much less care about it.

fwiw, that last time I was at a company that needed a prefix, we wrote
up an addressing plan, applied, received an assignment, payed our money
and were done. if a pool of public addresses are a resource you need to

But were you able to get transit that let you use the address space?

I'm sure it's getting better, but as recently as 2 years ago it was near impossible to get for most areas (and most
providers, and most colo facilities).

Worst case, it's easy with a free tunnel now, and, in most cases, better solutions are readily available.

Owen