nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google wants your Internet to be faster

From: Kenny Sallee <kenny.sallee () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:54:34 -0700

so you'd like to foist the problem off to the provider
(cost/configuration) and benefit? Are you willing to pay some
incrementally higher charge per month for that service? what about for
security services? Do you think there are enough folks willing to pay
for this sort of thing that it'd make a decent business to be in?

-Chris

Yes I would pay more to ensure the apps I care about work.  I don't think I
would for security services however.  I think that other consumers may - if
an SP could actually provide it (and prove what they are providing is doing
something).