nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blocking International DNS

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:18:42 -1000

On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
the more i think about this, the more i am inclined to consider a second
trusted root not (easily) attackable by the usg, who owns the root now,
or the acta vigilantes.  as dissent becomes less tolerated, let alone
supported, we may want to attempt to ensure it in our deployments.

Wouldn't this simply change the focus of who can attack from the USG (which, as far as I am aware, has not attacked the
root) to some other government (or worse, the UN)?  Given a handle, folks are going to want to grab it when they feel a
need to control, regardless of who the folks are.  It'd be nice to remove the handle, but that appears to be a very
hard problem...

Regards,
-drc