nanog mailing list archives

Re: Are you ready for RPKI in your BGP?

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:55:22 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Jared Mauch wrote:

For those of you preparing to assign 2011 goals to your employees, or something to self-assign, this should be in the top-5 or top-10 if you configure routers for BGP.

It would be nice with an operational write-up on how to get this to work in real life. I've been to presentations about it, but there were serious lack of HOWTOs and requirements in it.

I guess router vendors need to start supporting <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr/> and I'd imagine that'll take 6-12 months after it's even feature commit, so seeing deployment of this in 2011 seems highly doubtful?

It's one of those features I doubt would ever be implemented in 12.0S for GSR, but perhaps enough large ISPs have stopped using IOS GSRs at their edge so this is not a problem anymore.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se