nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking Glass software - what's the current state of the art?

From: johan <johanj () sci kun nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:00:15 +0100

Thomas Kernen wrote:
On 2/21/10 7:41 PM, Joel M Snyder wrote:
We are migrating our web server from platform A to mutually incompatible
platform B and as a result the 7-year-old DCL script I wrote that does
Looking Glass for us needs to be replaced. (from my comments, looks like
I stole the idea from ejk () digex net...)

I'm guessing that someone else has done a better job and I should be
just downloading and using an open source tool.

What's the current thinking on a good standalone Looking Glass that can
be opened to the Internet-at-large?

jms

If you want to try other Looking Glass sources, I've listed a few of the more recent implementations here: http://www.traceroute.org/#source%20code

HTH,
Thomas

If you are looking for something fancy with a graphical interface that not only represents the current state of your routing but also history of routechanges you might want to look at ibgplay

http://www.ibgplay.org/lookingGlass.html

Link is not included in the www.traceroute.org website, so if some maintainer is reading along....
Grtz

Johan