nanog mailing list archives

Research Project: Internet capacity during pandemic events

From: haska () ualberta ca
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:59:51 -0700

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike Haska, and I am a graduate student at the University of Alberta. I am conducting research into Internet capacity issues during pandemic events. In order to analyze certain aspects of this topic, I need to get in touch with representatives from the major Internet service providers in Canada - some of whom, I am hoping, are members of this distribution.

Specifically, I am looking to get in touch with individuals who are familiar with the structure of their network and with any pandemic contingency plans that are in place within their organization.

If you think you may be able to assist, or if you know of anyone who could, please contact me at (haska at ualberta.ca) and I will provide further information on all aspects of this study.

To put your mind at ease - I'm not fishing around for sensitive information or your root passwords; I'm looking for an overview of your policies and your responses to hypothetical scenarios. Your confidentiality is assured and you are welcome to preview all the questions to be asked before you commit to participating in any way.

I feel this topic has important implications to network operators in Canada, so any support you can offer to this research project is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
-Mike