nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG Digest, Vol 25, Issue 90

From: Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:07:38 -0600

Actually thanks, I just realized that after I hit send...

It's for CentOS

Mehmet

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 16:35:41 -0500
From: Chuck Anderson <cra () WPI EDU>
Subject: Re: centeralized server management solutions
To: nanog () nanog org

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:29:38PM -0600, Mehmet Akcin wrote:
Centralized solution and server wont be on the same network , but each will have internet access
Drac cards come with Compact Flash cards
Bandwidth may not be quite fast and latency might be higher when connecting to the centralized solution.
Monitoring can be apart from the server maintenance solution as I already primarily use cacti/nagios/IMapper.

You didn't specify what OS'es you deploy, but for Linux/Red Hat-like
systems: PXE boot, Kickstart [1], Puppet [2], Bacula [3].
PXE/Kickstart/Puppet can be managed with Cobbler [4].  Foreman [5]
is an alternative for managing Puppet hosts.

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/pt-install-advanced-deployment.html

[2] http://reductivelabs.com/products/puppet/

[3] http://www.bacula.org/en/