nanog mailing list archives

Re: Email Portability Approved by Knesset Committee

From: Robert Brockway <robert () timetraveller org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:44:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Larry Sheldon wrote:

Believe it or not, some people have email addresses that are not
intrinsically "ISP" addresses.

Indeed. I'm sure pretty much everyone here know why ISPs offer email services.

My reaction, if I were in a position to do so, would be to stop
providing email addresses.

Yes this may well be a sensible business decision.

Unfortunately the links cited are in Hebrew so I'm only going on Gadi's
report here.

Why is that relevant?

Because I don't speak Hebrew. The statement is a disclaimer that I need to rely on Gadi's summary rather than reading the thing in detail for myself, as I would have preferred to do.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert () timetraveller org