nanog mailing list archives

Re: DDoS mitigation recommendations

From: "Tony Varriale" <tvarriale () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:59:22 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Sands" <tsands () rackspace com>
Cc: <nanog () nanog org>
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: DDoS mitigation recommendations

-----Original Message-----
From: David Freedman [mailto:david.freedman () uk clara net] Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:17 AM
To: nanog () nanog org

Arbor stuff comes to mind and works very well in our experiences....

Arbor++

We've already done an initial trial with the Arbor device, and it does work well. Our biggest sticking point with it is that it lacks the granular level of visibility and control that we've been used to and often needed to tweak profiles. Basically, it does what it's supposed to well, but you really can't tell what that is, and if it's not catching all of a DDoS you have little insight as to what's being missed or control to correct it.

Thank you,

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer
Rackspace

Out of curiousity, what's your baseline or "that we've been used"?

tv