nanog mailing list archives

Re: Default Passwords for World Wide Packets/Lightning Edge Equipment

From: "Dobbins, Roland" <rdobbins () arbor net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 08:57:07 +0000

On Jan 6, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Nathan Eisenberg wrote:

I must not have been very clear.  I'm resetting these switches to factory defaults using the hardware reset button,
and attempting to log in using whatever the factory default passwords are.

Right - what I'm saying is the fact that there are default passwords at all is horribly insecure, and that the vendor
in question should be prodded to change this dangerous practice.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () arbor net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken