nanog mailing list archives

Re: Experiences with Comcast Ethernet/Transit service

From: Dave Temkin <davet1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:32:59 -0800

I purchased a single GigE transport link from them between a off-net building that they lit for us and a lit site. Install went without issue, including pulling in new fiber. Never underestimate the advantages of having pole and conduit rights. My only complaint would be interval - it took nearly 120 days from order to install and much of that was seemingly spent idle.

The service itself has been rock solid. Unfortunately they don't span across metros within the same logical network (yet) - this would definitely be a bonus.

-Dave

Sean Head wrote:
I just started looking into them as well. Mind of I has for similar info? (maybe just keep the responses on list?)

-Sean