nanog mailing list archives

Broadband Internet Technical Advisory Group

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () americafree tv>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:35:24 -0400

This just popped up - BITAG, the Broadband Internet Technical Advisory Group, which apparently has some Google backing. While it does not impact router configuration today, it sure does sound like they
want to in the future.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/initial-plans-for-broadband-internet-technical-advisory-group-announced-95950709.html

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2010/06/broadband-internet-technical-advisory.html

"For some time now, we’ve been advocating for the formation of a group of technical experts to put forward their best thinking on how to manage broadband networks in ways that still preserve and promote an open Internet. We’ve worked closely with Verizon and others in the Internet sector to further develop the concept, and we’re excited by today’s announcement that the Broadband Internet Technical Advisory Group , or BITAG, has begun the process of formally launching."

Regards
Marshall