nanog mailing list archives

Re: Monitoring Tool

From: Roy <r.engehausen () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:06:34 -0700

On 6/14/2010 11:52 AM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
Joshua William Klubi (joshua.klubi) writes:
Hi
I have been tasked to develop a good network for a Bank and i have also been
tasked to get a good monitoring tool for the Bank's local network and
Service providers network. i would like to ask the community
to help recommend the best tool out there that can help me do this
        Hi Joshua,

        What kind of monitoring are we talking about ?  Network services,
        performance, traffic, latency, ... ?

        You might want to take a look at some popular Open Source tools, such as:

        http://www.nagios.org/
        http://www.zabbix.com/
        http://www.hyperic.com/
        http://www.opennms.org/wiki/Main_Page