nanog mailing list archives

RE: Sources of network security templates or designs

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:57:05 -0700

While the DISA STIGs are probably the archetype, you have to start with
whatever the sponsoring or certifying authority uses, if you need to
pass some audit later.

Those almost always reference NIST docs:

http://www.nist.gov/itl/publications.cfm?defaultSearch=false&authorlist=
&keywords=&topics=309&seriesName=&journalName=&datepicker1=&datepicker2=
#

For generic sources, I agree with Cymru as a good resource, but my
favorite is SANS.

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/