nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamcop Blocks Facebook?

From: jim deleskie <deleskie () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:37:03 -0400

I'm not going to both on this thread anymore.. waste of time.  Sorry
for the bulk mail/spam generated by my replies to nanog.

I'll stop feeding the trolls now.

-jim

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 03:16:25PM -0400, jim deleskie wrote:
If I leave all boxes checked to send mail/notices/app requests to
everyone in my list, or if I give FB my gmail password to pull all my
contacts and send them an invite, its pure @ my request, sure FB is
happy I do it, but it is no way spam.

This is dead wrong.  You're not authorized to solicit bulk email on behalf
of third parties: only they are.  In the absence of solicitation from
the *recipients*, bulk email is spam -- by definition.

---Rsk