nanog mailing list archives

Re: Collapsing device management peripherals

From: Peter Hicks <peter.hicks () poggs co uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:05:32 +0100

Jason Lixfeld wrote:

Right now, I've got a pull-out KVM connected to an external KVM
switch that connects to the management ports on our blade centers,
etc.  I've also got a separate console server for our network devices
with a modem for out of band.

I'd love to be able to collapse these three devices into one.  I've
seen pull-out KVMs that have an integrated KVM switch, but I haven't
seen anything that is also IP enabled to cover the console server
component as well.

Has anyone seen such an animal, by chance?

Check what OpenGear have to offer. I recall looking at their integrated infrastructure management kit a while back.