nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interesting IPv6 viral video

From: Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav () humancapitaldev com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:54:14 -0500

On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Jack Bates wrote:

On 10/28/2010 4:32 PM, Zaid Ali wrote:
Yes it is. When do marketing people get it right? I actually think the fun
hasn't begun yet. Wait till CNN/FOX etc makes this a big issue and claim the
internet is going to come to an end then folks with clue will have to go on
TV and calm the hysteria.

Why would someone with clue want to calm the hysteria? I've had hysterical moments dealing with v6 transitions. Come
to and end? Nah. Be a really rough ride? Unless things change, probably.

Wait, if there's no transition to ipv6, the internet will end? And all our piracy and information control problems will
end with it?
That's just grand! Quick, pass a law against ipv6 adoption! Mandatory death penalty! Why didn't anyone think of this
sooner?

(NOW who says you can't put the genie back in the bottle? Stupid eggheads! :)