nanog mailing list archives

neglected route-servers

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:53:20 -0400 (EDT)

Guess what happens when you run a 7206VXR (NPE300) as a route server with 3 full feeds? It took me a minute to figure out why my routes that TWTelecom isn't supposed to see were showing up on route-server.twtelecom.net, but were seemingly randomly alternating between Network not in table and showing up.

If anyone from TWTelecom is here, it's probably time to swap out that NPE300 for something with more than 256MB RAM. It's running out of RAM and resetting all the BGP sessions before they finish getting full routes.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |