nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 BGP MIB

From: Chris Tracy <ctracy () es net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:33:36 -0400

Hi Matt,

I've been digging and poking and scratching my head, and from what
I've been able to find, there doesn't seem to be an IPv6-aware BGP4
MIB in existence.  The closest item I could find was a draft MIB that
has already expired:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-10
Does anyone know if there is a working variant of this lurking out there
that can be used for tracking IPv6 BGP neighbor information, or is everyone
running their v6 networks blindly, as compared to their v4 networks?

I looked for this about a year ago and my search for a standard largely ended at the I-D you referenced above.

However, I did find that Juniper has a proprietary implementation of this draft -- search for mib-jnx-bgpmib2.txt.

-Chris

--
Chris Tracy <ctracy () es net>
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)