nanog mailing list archives

Re: Routers in Data Centers

From: Heath Jones <hj1980 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 02:04:34 +0100

I'm more than interested in developing a much cheaper, hardware
forwarding router..
I think there is a lot of room for innovation - especially at the
target market in this thread.
If anyone wants to work with me on this, just let me know!
I've got a tonne of ideas and a bit of free time..

NetFPGA is a good platform, im saving my pennies to buy one and do
some development.
Its only a 4 port device, so not a device you would really use in
production however.

I hate to sound (more) like a broken record but if people want
to see open source hardware forwarding platforms succeeding
(and the software platforms get better), then look at trying to be
involved in their development.