nanog mailing list archives

Re: Online games stealing your bandwidth

From: Brandon Butterworth <brandon () rd bbc co uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:54:27 +0100 (BST)

I fail to see the point. If an ISP needs to add caches they may
as well just add a simple, cheaper, standard, http cache.

It's a bang-per-buck issue, and depends highly on whether your
particular network sees more HTTP or P2P traffic.

Orly.

No, I mean if there have to be caches why use p2p in the first place,
once there's a network of caches p2p becomes a more complicated http
and that model has been well optimised by some.

I know the people stealing things don't want to pay akamai but games
charging for access are a different matter.

brandon