nanog mailing list archives

Re: OSPFv3 Authentication

From: Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi () niif hu>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:15:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Venkatesh Sriram wrote:

While I have used MD5 with OSPFv2, I never used authentication with
OSPFv3 since IPsec is (a) not available on all platforms (or/and
requires a special license) and (b) requires too much of coordination
with other folks to bring it up. I know operators who use
authentication with ISIS for v6, but very little auth for
OSPFv3.Obviously, you'll find an equal number that enthusiastically
use auth with OSPFv3, so really there isnt any one right answer.

Dear Sriram,
Can you list/name the platforms does not support IPsec for OSPFv3 without special license? e.g. to avoid such a platform....
        Best Regards,
                Janos

Sriram