nanog mailing list archives

Re: What must one do to avoid Gmail's retarded non-spam filtering?

From: Erik L <erik_list () caneris com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 00:05:33 -0400 (EDT)

Google appears to have blacklisted our domain. From the edge MTA, I sent three messages, differing only in the From
header:
1. valid email @klssys.com
2. valid email @caneris.com
3. abc123 () caneris com

1 not spam; 2 & 3 spam

Return-Path of all three was still another address @caneris.com and the two SPF passed headers were still there. The
body & subject of all messages was simply "testing5". The recipient even clicked on "not spam" on #2 prior to #3 being
sent.

At least it explains why all the other standard stuff we all looked at didn't explain the issue.

The next (and last) question is: does anyone have a clueful Google mail ops contact?

Thanks again for all the help and sorry for the OT noise.

Erik