nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T Dry Pairs?

From: Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:12:47 -0400

If the buildings are a 100ft apart, can't you just go with a wireless connection? Speeds would probably be better and no monthly fee!

On 09/30/2010 06:08 PM, Robert Johnson wrote:
If your sales contact don't know what an alarm circuit is, go find
AT&T's tariff filed with your state's PUC. It will contain the name of the
service. This will take some digging...

Verizon Maryland calls this an "Intraexchange local channel, regular voice
grade" and they go for $15.53/month. There are a plethora of different types
of "dry pairs" that you can order depending on the signal bandwidth of the
circuit and allowed attenuation.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Brandon Galbraith<